Services @ Dexterity Portal

Today

February 2026
S M T W T F S
1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031
Categories: InternationalNews

Suspected Boko Haram IED logistics supplier arrested in Borno

Advertisements

Operatives of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCSC) in Borno, on Wednesday, confirmed the arrest of one Aliyu Muhammed, a 24 year-old suspected Boko Haram Improvised Explosive Device (IED) logistics supplier in Maiduguri.

The Commandant of the corps, Ibrahim Abdullahi, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Maiduguri.

Abdullahi said that the suspect was nabbed by men of the command on April 25, following intelligence report while he was on his way to supply bomb materials for Boko Haram terrorists.

He said that preliminary investigation conducted by the command, revealed that the suspect supplied mobile phones battery, wrist watches as well as laptop computers used for setting off IEDs designed to inflict massive casualties.

”The suspect who pretends to be a tricycle operator in the town, has executed many missions for the insurgents.

“He also operates several bank accounts, where he recieves funds for boko haram in the last six months.

“He usually receives large sums of money from the Republic of Chad, through a third party account number to avoid being detected.

“We have so far tracked dozens of his transactions especially at commercial money transfer centers within Maiduguri,” he said.

 

The NSCDC commandant said Mohammed and his colleagues have played different roles in masterminding various attacks, in worship centers, market places in Maiduguri and environs.

Abdullahi reitrated the commitment of the command toward complimenting efforts of the army, police and other sister agencies in the counter terrorism campaign in the Northeast.

“The command had within the past two years arrest morethan 25 Boko Haram insurgents, comprising of female suicide bombers, commanders and collaborators in Maiduguri.

 

“The command had, through the dispute resolution department encauraged morethan 40 terrorist to lay down thier arms and accepted meaninful rehabilitation and reintegration through the Operation Safe Corridor window opportunity provided by the government,” he said.

He added that the suspect would be handed over to the 7 Division Garison of the army for further interogagion and profilling.

Ogugua

Recent Posts

U.S.-Japan Alliance Leaps Under Trump, Takaichi

The prospect of U.S.-Japan alliance seems high Prospects are emerging that the U.S.-Japan alliance will…

1 week ago

Donald Trump apparently backs Starmer’s Chagos Island deal and dubs it ‘best ever’

Donald Trump has appeared to back the UK's Chagos Island deal  Donald Trump has appeared to back…

1 week ago

Which East African countries have the fastest to slowest expected economic growth in 2026?

The World Bank has forecast a positive economic outlook for East African countries in 2026,…

2 weeks ago

Explosions rock Iran with at least five dead after Donald Trump’s threat

Explosions rock Iran following Trumps threat Two explosions rocked Iran on Saturday and killed at least five…

2 weeks ago

General Muhoozi apologises to US after explosive tweets targeting embassy in Kampala

General Muhoozi Kainerugaba has tendered an apology to the United States Uganda People's Defence Force…

2 weeks ago

Five Eyes Alliance buckles under Trump’s overbearing diplomacy

The Five Eyes Crumbles as Trump detonates the seal The Five Eyes (FVEY), a security…

3 weeks ago